I-League 2017-18: Shillong Lajong suffer Aiman Al-Hagri blow ahead of Mohun Bagan tie

Last updated
Comments()
SLFC
The Yemen international has departed the country on Wednesday...

Shillong Lajong FC have let go of attacking midfielder Aiman Al-Hagri on the player's request for a release, Goal can confirm.

The 24-year-old put in his papers for an immediate release on Tuesday due to a family emergency and departed the country on Wednesday.

Lajong coach Bobby Nongbert's preparations for his team's upcoming I-League clash against Mohun Bagan on Saturday have hence been dealt a blow given that Al-Hagri played in 11 of the Reds' 13 games so far. 

The Yemeni had amassed 636 minutes on the pitch wherein he was used as an impact substitute in the club's last three games and last started in the 1-0 defeat against Minerva Punjab on 14th January 2018.

Article continues below

Aiman Al-Hagri had particularly won praise from Nongbet after the 1-0 win over Aizawl FC earlier this year. 

"I feel Aiman played really well. He created several chances in both the halves which imposed pressure on Aizawl defence. Even the goal which we scored was a part of Aiman’s brilliance inside the box and Redeem Tlang made no mistake to find the back of the net," the Lajong coach had said.

Shillong Lajong are currently on the fifth spot in the I-League standings, equal on points with Mohun Bagan (17) who are in fourth on account of the Mariners' superior goal difference.

Next article:
Koulibaly challenges Napoli to win Europa League following Champions League elimination
Next article:
Sources: Red Bulls sign USMNT defender Tim Parker to new three-year deal
Next article:
Spurs achieved 'mission impossible', says Pochettino
Next article:
Van Dijk lauds 'fantastic' Alisson
Next article:
Ancelotti: Van Dijk deserved red for Mertens tackle
Close