Marco Borriello has revealed he was withdrawn from the transfer market with just hours to go before its closure after being told he has a future at Roma.
The 29-year-old's days at the club appeared numbered and the final days of the transfer window had been dominated by uncertainty.
Roma paid AC Milan €10 million for his permanent transfer in June, but he looked to be heading towards the exit door following the arrival of Bojan Krkic from Barcelona.
Marseille, Paris Saint-Germain, Galatasaray and Genoa were just a handful of clubs linked with the forward.
But, after holding some last-minute dialogue with his employers, things rapidly changed, and he stayed to fight for his place in the team.
"There were three or four teams that wanted me with insistence right up until the end of the transfer window," Borriello told Sky Sport Italia.
"However, I wanted to stay at Roma because they made me feel like I am an important player.
"I spoke with [director of sport] Walter Sabatini just before transfer deadline day and he told me that I was off the market and that I was important for Roma.
"I also spoke with coach Luis Enrique and he told me the same things."
The Italian capital-based club welcome Cagliari to the Stadio Olimpico for their first Serie A game on Sunday afternoon.