Gian Piero Gasperini set for Inter talks as Guus Hiddink enters the fray - reports

With Fabio Capello and Andre Villas-Boas out of the running, the San Siro outfit have allegedly turned to the former Genoa man, but an appointment is not due to be made soon
For all the latest reports and transfer rumours, visit our dedicated section here.

Inter president Massimo Moratti is not concerned regarding the current coaching situation at the club, with reports suggesting Gian Piero Gasperini is new favourite to take the reins.

The former Genoa tactician is set to meet Inter transfer chief Marco Branca for talks about becoming Leonardo's replacement, with the Brazilian set for Paris Saint-Germain.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports Inter are set to approach Gasperini, who was sacked by Genoa last November following a poor run and has been out of work since.

His close ties to Diego Milito, Andrea Ranocchia, Houssine Kharja and Thiago Motta - all of whom he coached at Marassi - make him a strong candidate.

Meanwhile, Guus Hiddink, who was previously linked with Chelsea, threw his hat into the ring via his agent, but commitments with Turkey could halt any progress if Inter were to turn to him.

"We have never spoken to Moratti," Hiddink's representative, Cees van Nieuwenhuizen, told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Hiddink has a contract with the Turkish federation and therefore, before any talks can begin, Moratti must contact the federation and say he is interested in Guus.

"He is contracted until 2012 so, for the time being, there is no possibility that he can coach Inter.

"If Inter reached an agreement with Turkey? Well at that point Hiddink would certainly evaluate the offer but he is a professional and he has never broken a contract in his whole career."

But Moratti is not fazed regarding the slow rate of progress after England coach Fabio Capello and Chelsea-bound Andre Villas-Boas both dropped out of the race.

"Worried? No, you lot [the press] should be worried, the coaching situation won't be decided today. Capello? The English FA won't release him," Moratti said.

However, sporting director Branca contradicted his president on Tuesday afternoon, telling the Italian press: "I can confirm that Inter have not contacted Fabio Capello or the English FA."

Our  provides the best breaking news online and our  football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!