Manchester City in pole position as Mario Balotelli nears Inter exit - agent

But Mino Raiola admits other clubs are waiting in the weeks...
Mario Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola has revealed "all doors remain open", suggesting Manchester City have no guarantee that they will sign the Inter striker.

Inter admitted City's interest on Friday when president Massimo Moratti said he thought he knew of the Premier League club's movements, and club sources said an initial offer was made but subsequently rejected.

The Citizens are favourites to land the hitman, with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting the club are set to complete a deal worth up to £50m, but Raiola failed to spell out where the axe will fall.

His cautious approach suggests negotiations between City and Inter are ongoing, but when probed on whether Manchester United or Chelsea were chasing he told Sky Sport Italia: "His future won't be decided today, we are moving calmly.

"I don't really want to say more on Balotelli, but all the doors remain open. My job is to listen to offers.

"Which club is most interested? I cannot say this, it's not down to me to reveal who is interested. All the roads are open."

Raiola also asked whether Giancarlo Abete had resigned from his post as president of the Italian FA, a source of aggravation for Balotelli.

"Has Abete quit yet? Has he?" Raiola asked.

The agent's question was a follow-up to Friday's interview in which he said Balotelli would leave Inter unless Abete resigned. That was a response to the FIGC's limits on foreign quotas.

Meanwhile, City are hopeful they can secure a deal. Directors from the English side are expected to return to Milan to try and wrap up a deal for the player by Wednesday.

Chelsea and Manchester United have also been linked with the Italian, but City are in front and edging closer to tying up loose ends with both Inter and Balotelli, who are all pressing for the best possible deal.

Last week Nerazzurri chief Massimo Moratti admitted an interest from City, suggesting talks were at an advanced stage, which was echoed by club sources admitting that City had made an offer, believed to be €25m (£21m), which was rejected.

But an £8.5m top up on the original offer could see Inter give the deal a nod and Balotelli make his way to the north-west of England.

Our  provides the best breaking news online and our  football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!