De Bruyne: I will not force Wolfsburg to sell me

The Belgian says he will not start creating problems and insists he will not be returning to the Premier League in order to prove himself after his spell at Chelsea
Kevin De Bruyne insists he will not force Wolfsburg to sell him but admits he can’t ignore interest from Manchester City.

Goal understands that City are confident of wrapping up a deal for the 24-year-old before the end of the window but are prepared to wait as neither the player or Wolfsburg want to push through a deal.

Wolfsburg’s sporting director Klaus Allofs admitted on Saturday that club would “deal with an offer out of respect for the player”, despite stating earlier this summer that he had no plans to sell the midfielder.

“As a player I have never created problems and I’m not going to start,” De Bruyne told reporters.

“A lot of respect should come from all sides. That’s always the best solution.

“Of course you can’t ignore it. Everyone knows the teams. They all play for the title. That is not nothing.

“But at this moment I have not heard that there is a bid for me.

“If an offer does come, I will hear about it and how much it is, but I have not yet heard anything.”

The Belgium international was sold by Chelsea 19 months ago after failing to secure a regular first-team place under Jose Mourinho but is adamant that his motivation for returning to England will not be because he wants to prove himself in the Premier League.

“I would not go to England just to prove that I can play there. I do not have to go to England,” said the midfielder.

“If I go there it’s because for me and for my family it is a good choice. That’s the key for me.”

When asked about his potential valuation, De Bruyne replied: “That’s such a difficult question in football, how much are you worth?

“You cannot just stick a figure on it. The team pays it — as much as you are worth at that time.

“Eighteen months ago, people were talking about ten million, now suddenly I’m fifty or sixty. It will be somewhere in between.”