- No Russian club has ever beaten Bayern Munich in the Champions League (D3 L10). This includes Rostov's 5-0 defeat against the Bavarian club on matchday one earlier this season.
- In fact, Russian clubs have lost their last five Champions League home games against German opposition, their last victory dating back to November 2009 when CSKA Moscow beat Wolfsburg (2-1).
- Rostov are winless in their first four Champions League games (D1 L3). At home, they've drawn one (2-2 v PSV) and lost one (0-1 v Atlético Madrid). All they can hope for is a place in the Europa League knockout stages.
- All three of Rostov's goals in this season's Champions League have come in the first-half.
- Bayern Munich have reached the Champions League knockout stages for the ninth consecutive season. However, they have been knocked out at the semi-final stage in each of the last three campaigns.
- Bayern Munich have won 19 of their last 23 group games in the Champions League (L4).
- Bayern Munich have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last five Champions League away games, their longest streak on the road since they suffered six in a row from April 2002 to October 2003.
- Rostov are the only side to have averaged under 70% in their passing accuracy in the Champions League this season (68%).
- Dmitriy Poloz has scored Rostov's two home goals in this season's Champions League. Those are his only two shots in the competition so far.
- Since his Champions League debut in 2011/12, Robert Lewandowski has scored 36 goals (in 56 games). Only Cristiano Ronaldo (67 goals) and Lionel Messi (53) have been more prolific over the same period.