Juventus-Palermo Preview: Scudetto success just a draw away
Antonio Conte's men are all but champions, however, they face a Rosanero side fighting for their Serie A lives which threatens Bianconeri glory on home turf
By Craig Turnbull
A full-strength Juventus side know they are just a point away from clinching the Serie A title against a relegation-threatened Palermo outfit, but it would be premature for the Bianconeri to be popping the champagne just yet, though, as the visitors are in desperate need of the points.
Antonio Conte will continue to play his 3-5-1-1 formation with Claudio Marchisio playing in behind striker Mirko Vucinic which has brought the champions much joy in recent weeks, while it is the usual back three trio for the hosts.
Giuseppe Sannino's men have enjoyed a mini-revival as they hope to avoid the dreaded drop to Serie B, but there are concerns over in-form attacker Josip Ilicic who faces a race against time to be fit for the clash.
Defender Andrea Mantovani is unavailable while Michel Morganella is suspended.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus are just a point away from landing back-to-back Scudettos. They are 11 points clear of Napoli with four games to play.
- The Bianconeri are on a seven-game winning run and have not conceded in over 270 minutes of Serie A football.
- Antonio Conte's men have won their last three games against Sunday's visitors and have not conceded during this time.
- Palermo are unbeaten in their last five matches with wins over Roma, Sampdoria and Inter included in that run. They sit in 17th place level with Genoa (18) on 32 points.
- Striker Fabrizio Miccoli has netted six times in Serie A and is a former Juventus player.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 3-0 Palermo
- 31.45 %
Juventus 2-0 Palermo
- 23.46 %
Juventus 3-1 Palermo
- 7.55 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||5 May 2013||Juventus 1 - Palermo 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||9 Dec 2012||Palermo 0 - Juventus 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||7 Apr 2012||Palermo 0 - Juventus 2|
|Serie A (SR-A)||20 Nov 2011||Juventus 3 - Palermo 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||2 Feb 2011||Palermo 2 - Juventus 1|
|14 Apr 2014||Udinese 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|10 Apr 2014||Juventus 2 - Olympique Lyonnais 1||EL|
|7 Apr 2014||Juventus 2 - Livorno 0||SR-A|
|3 Apr 2014||Olympique Lyonnais 0 - Juventus 1||EL|
|30 Mar 2014||Napoli 2 - Juventus 0||SR-A|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|25||Steve von Bergen||Defender|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed