Chelsea - QPR Preview: Hosts hoping to boost title hopes in west London derby
Rafael Benitez’s men have won their last four league games and they will expect to pick up another three points against their struggling local rivals on Tuesday
By Rhys Turrell
Ivanovic, Cahill , David Luiz, Cole
Moses, Oscar, Marin
Onuoha, Ferdinand, Nelsen, Traore
Mackie, Taarabt, Wright-Phillips
Intirim Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez is likely to rotate his squad for the visit of west London rivals QPR on Tuesday night, with Oscar and Victor Moses probable starters.
Petr Cech (ankle) is a doubt after being substituted during the win over Everton - Ross Turnbull will deputise in goal.
Captain John Terry (knee) is also unlikey to be fit, after recently suffering a set-back to his recovery, whilst Oriol Romeu (knee) is out for the rest of the season.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp may make wholesale changes after his side's heavy loss to Liverpool last time out, with Shaun Derry a candidate to return to the heart of the Rs' midfield.
He will be without strikers Bobby Zamora (thigh) and Andy Johnson (knee), whilst Park Ji-Sung (hamstring) and Bosingwa (back) are also likely to miss out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea have won seven of their last eight games in all competitions - their only defeat coming in the Club World Cup final against Corinthians.
- After his double against Everton last time out, Frank Lampard (pictured right) is now just one goal behind the club's all-time leading goalscorer Kerry Dixon. The England midfielder has 192 strikes to his name.
- In the 16 Premier League games he has featured in this season, Spanish attacker Juan Mata has scored or assisted 14 goals.
- QPR have claimed just 10 points from their first 20 Premier League games this season. All 14 teams who had 10 points after as many games in the English top flight went onto to be relegated.
- The Rs have conceded three goals before half-time on four occasions since winning promotion back to the Premier League.
- QPR have been given 11 red cards in the Premier League since August 2011 - that’s four more than the nearest other side Manchester City.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 3-0 QPR
- 12.62 %
Chelsea FC 3-1 QPR
- 11.11 %
Chelsea FC 4-0 QPR
- 11.09 %
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Jan 2013||Chelsea FC 0 - QPR 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||15 Sep 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Apr 2012||Chelsea FC 6 - QPR 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||28 Jan 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||23 Oct 2011||QPR 1 - Chelsea FC 0|
|8 Mar 2014||Chelsea FC 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|1 Mar 2014||Fulham 1 - Chelsea FC 3||EPL|
|26 Feb 2014||Galatasaray 1 - Chelsea FC 1||UCL|
|22 Feb 2014||Chelsea FC 1 - Everton 0||EPL|
|15 Feb 2014||Manchester City 2 - Chelsea FC 0||FA|
|35||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
The Brazilian plays a crucial role linking deep midfield with the attacking third of the field, and his high-energy performances are key to setting the tempo for the Blues. The midfielder can also chip in with a crucial goal or two, and his pace can prove lethal on the counterattack.
On his day, the Moroccan attacker can cause problems to almost any defence, but with the team struggling around him, the former Tottenham man can sometimes go unnoticed. His team-mates will be looking to him for some inspiration in a very tricky-looking encounter at Stamford Bridge and, if he can deliver the goods, QPR could pull off a shock result.
With these two clubs' fortunes going in opposite directions, surely there can only be one result at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night? Chelsea have looked back to their best in recent weeks, and after a promising start, Harry Redknapp has failed to turn around the sinking QPR ship. Chelsea will have too much quality for their near neighbours here, and should run out comfortable winners.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed