Norwich - Manchester City Preview: Mancini's men looking for fifth consecutive win over Canaries
The Premier League champions' four strikers have scored just three goals in the last eight games and have taken 14 points in that time - the same amount as their next opponents
By Joe Doyle
Martin, Bassong, Turner, Garrido
Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington
Kolo Toure, Kompany, Nastasic, Zabaleta
Barry, Yaya Toure
Milner, Tevez, Silva
Norwich have no new injury worries after their 1-0 defeat to Chelsea on Boxing Day and are likely to be unchanged for the visit of Manchester City.
John Ruddy (thigh) remains a long-term absentee, while Andrew Surman (knee) and Steven Whittaker (hip) could both miss out again.
Manchester City have no real new concerns, though Pablo Zabaleta did pick up a cut to the head and played on in the 1-0 defeat to Sunderland. Aleksandar Kolarov (knee) may make a return but it is a big doubt while Maicon (knee) is also out.
Mario Balotelli is likely to miss the match, as David Platt revealed he is still feeling the effects of an illness, but Carlos Tevez (illness) "should" be fit in time according to the assistant manager.
Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy could both return, but both Jack Rodwell (hamstring) and Micah Richards (knee) will be out until the New Year.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich have the eighth-best Premier League home form this season.
- The Canaries have the same record as their opponents over the last eight games, with both teams winning four, drawing twice and losing twice.
- However, Chris Hughton's side have lost their last two games in a row.
- Both teams have scored first in 47.3 per cent of their Premier League games this season.
- Manchester City strikers Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli have scored just three goals between them in the past eight games.
- In last season's corresponding fixture, the Premier League champions won 6-1, with Tevez scoring a hat-trick.
- Sergio Aguero [pictured right] scored twice in both games against the Canaries last season.
- Roberto Mancini's side have only failed to score in three of their 19 Premier League games this season.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Norwich City 1-3 Manchester City
- 11.31 %
Norwich City 1-0 Manchester City
- 8.17 %
Norwich City 2-1 Manchester City
- 7.47 %
|Premier League (EPL)||8 Feb 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Nov 2013||Manchester City 7 - Norwich City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||19 May 2013||Manchester City 2 - Norwich City 3|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Dec 2012||Norwich City 3 - Manchester City 4|
|Premier League (EPL)||14 Apr 2012||Norwich City 1 - Manchester City 6|
|12 Apr 2014||Fulham 1 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|5 Apr 2014||Norwich City 0 - West Bromwich Albion 1||EPL|
|29 Mar 2014||Swansea City 3 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|22 Mar 2014||Norwich City 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|15 Mar 2014||Southampton 4 - Norwich City 2||EPL|
The defensive midfielder has been earning rave reviews since his summer switch to Carrow Road and faces a big task in trying to stop City's creative forces in this game.
The goalkeeper has come under fire in recent weeks for some high-profile mistakes, most notably against Sunderland in his side's 1-0 defeat. He is unlikely to be under a prolonged period of pressure against the Canaries, but will be tested at some point, and it will be interesting to see how he responds.
This game will be a tough test for Roberto Mancini's injury-hit side, as the Canaries proved in their slim defeat against Chelsea last time out. However, with Carlos Tevez looking set to return to the scene where he scored a hat-trick in a pivotal game in the title race last season, his partnership with Sergio Aguero could prove the key.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed