Liverpool - Fulham Preview: The Cottagers are looking for their first ever win at Anfield
Some of the worst home form in the league meets some of the worst away, as Martin Jol's side head to Anfield hoping to take three points on their travels for only the fourth time
By Joe Doyle
Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique
Gerrard, Henderson, Spearing
Downing, Suarez, Maxi
Hughes, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise
Duff, Dempsey, Dembele
The Reds have no fresh injury concerns after their comfortable 3-0 win at Norwich City last time out. Luis Suarez is likely to continue after his stunning hat-trick, leaving Andy Carroll among the substitutes.
Charlie Adam remain Lucas Leiva long-term absentees with knee injuries respectively.
Meanwhile, Martin Jol may want to change things up a bit on his second trip to Merseyside in four days after his team lost 4-0 to Everton on Saturday, and former Liverpool man Danny Murphy should be back in the starting XI.
Stephen Kelly is pushing for a return to the side after a wrist injury, Steve Sidwell remains out with a groin injury and Bryan Ruiz (metatarsal) and Zdenek Grygera (knee) are out for the season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool have only won five home games this season, the fewest of teams in the top half of the league.
- Kenny Dalglish's side have only scored 20 at Anfield, the fifth worst home return in the division.
- The Reds have never lost a home match to Fulham in 17 league games and six cup ties.
- Luis Suarez (pictured right) now has 11 league goals this season, following his hat-tick against Norwich.
- Fulham have won three games away from home - only Blackburn and Wolves have won fewer.
- Martin Jol's side have only scored 11 goals on the road, the fewest in the league.
- The Cottagers have failed to score in over half of their away games this season.
- Liverpool have the 17th worst home form in the league, and from their last six games they have won one, drawn two and lost three.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 2-0 Fulham
- 19.24 %
Liverpool 2-1 Fulham
- 12.57 %
Liverpool 3-1 Fulham
- 10.49 %
|Premier League (EPL)||12 Feb 2014||Fulham 2 - Liverpool 3|
|Premier League (EPL)||9 Nov 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||12 May 2013||Fulham 1 - Liverpool 3|
|Premier League (EPL)||22 Dec 2012||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||1 May 2012||Liverpool 0 - Fulham 1|
|13 Apr 2014||Liverpool 3 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|6 Apr 2014||West Ham 1 - Liverpool 2||EPL|
|30 Mar 2014||Liverpool 4 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|26 Mar 2014||Liverpool 2 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|22 Mar 2014||Cardiff City 3 - Liverpool 6||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
The striker may not be everyone's cup of tea, but there is no denying his class. He was in fine form in Saturday's 3-0 win over Norwich, grabbing a hat-trick with some exceptionally well taken goals, including a Beckham-like chip over John Ruddy from 50 yards.
The attacker has been in great goalscoring form this season, contributing 16 league goals for the Cottagers from midfield. Liverpool will need to watch out for his aerial prowess from crosses into the box.
Kenny Dalglish's side appear to have found some form, finally, but have only taken one point from their last three home games against Wigan, Aston Villa and West Brom. However, up against Martin Jol's team who are notoriously poor travellers, expect them to pick up another three points.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed