Norwich City - QPR Preview: Paul Lambert's men seek to end four-game winless streak
A pair of in-form strikers in Steve Morison and Heidar Helguson go head-to-head as two sides from last year's Championship are set for a Premier League goalfest at Carrow Road
By George Ankers
Naughton, Martin, Barnett, Tierney
Bennett, Fox, Johnson, Pilkington
Young, Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Hill
Wright-Phillips, Buzsaky, Faurlin, Taarabt
Neil Warnock will be without his captain Joey Barton this weekend, with the midfielder having picked up his fifth booking of the season against Stoke meaning Akos Buzsaky may fill in for the former Newcastle man. Adel Taarabt missed the 3-2 victory over Tony Pulis' men after reportedly losing his passport and suitcases during the international break, and QPR had performed well in his absence, but he most likely will be restored, potentially at the expense of Armand Traore.
| DID YOU KNOW?
- Norwich City have exceed expectations so far this season to sit 11th at present, but are within three points' reach of 17th-placed Wolves.
- The Canaries, having lost their last two games, have failed to win in four.
- Striker Steve Morison has netted for Lambert's men in each of their last three games, taking his tally for the season to four and making him the club's joint top-scorer along with Anthony Pilkington.
- QPR hitman Heidar Helguson is in similar form, with four goals from his last four games, including a brace against Stoke - only Arsenal's Robin van Persie has scored more in the Premier League since October 15.
- Both sides have scored at least one goal in each of their last five matches.
- Norwich are yet to record a single clean sheet in any competition in the 2011-12 season.
- QPR are more than used to facing the Canaries, whom they have played against in more Football League or Premier League matches than any other club - at a whopping 110 encounters through the years.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Norwich City 1-2 QPR
- 15.18 %
Norwich City 0-0 QPR
- 12.74 %
Norwich City 1-1 QPR
- 9.76 %
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Feb 2013||QPR 0 - Norwich City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||25 Aug 2012||Norwich City 1 - QPR 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Jan 2012||QPR 1 - Norwich City 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||26 Nov 2011||Norwich City 2 - QPR 1|
|12 Apr 2014||Fulham 1 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|5 Apr 2014||Norwich City 0 - West Bromwich Albion 1||EPL|
|29 Mar 2014||Swansea City 3 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|22 Mar 2014||Norwich City 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|15 Mar 2014||Southampton 4 - Norwich City 2||EPL|
|44||Ritchie De Laet||Defender|
A non-league footballer as recently as 2009, the big Welsh forward has adapted impressively to the Premier League since his summer move from Milwall, with three in three for the Canaries meaning he still keeps inspirational captain Grant Holt out of the starting XI. He has no small measure of guile to go with his physical capabilities, and his volleyed finish against Blackburn proves his touch of quality. Will be a handful for the visiting back line.
Goal.com exclusively revealed this week that the Argentine's good form has led to the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Inter eyeing him up as January looms, and this could be an excellent 'shop-window game' for Faurlin to exert his authority on Norwich. The central midfielder has excellent technical ability and delivered a fine assist for QPR's first goal against Stoke, and will pose a real test to the likes of Fox and Johnson in the Canaries' engine room.
All signs point to a veritable festival of goals at Carrow Road. Both sides have quality up front but the Canaries have yet to keep a clean sheet and the quality of the QPR midfield should be enough to extend a difficult run for the home side.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed