Millwall - Blackburn Preview: Out-of-form Championship duo aiming for Wembley
Both sides have accounted for Premier League sides' eliminations in this season's competition, and will be hoping to ignite their mid-table domestic form with cup success
By Scott Rumsey
Dunne, Shittu, Beevers, Lowry
Abdou, Wright, Trotter
N'Guessan, Hulse, Woolford
Orr, Dann, Givet, Mk Olsson
Bentley, Lowe, Jones, Pedersen
Millwall striker Benik Afobe has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury and has returned to parent club Arsenal for surgery.
The Lions are also without winger James Henry, who has seen his campaign curtailed by a similar problem.
Leon Best has returned to training recently after injuring his knee in pre-season and could make a surprise appearance.
Rovers boss Michael Appleton will be without Martin Olsson (eye) and Lee Williamson (ankle), while Colin Kazim-Richards and Dickson Etuhu (both knee) could be missing for the rest of the season.
Experienced midfielder Danny Murphy was omitted from Rovers' squad to face Bolton in midweek but Appleton has hinted that the 35-year-old could be recalled.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Millwall have already beaten Blackburn this season with goals from Chris Wood and James Henry securing a 2-0 win at Ewood Park in November.
- The Lions have lost seven of their last nine games, dropping from seventh to 15th in the process.
- New Zealand international Wood (pictured right) remains Millwall's top scorer this season with 11 goals, five more than next highest James Henry, despite only playing at the Den for three months and subsequently signing for Leicester.
- Blackburn boss Michael Appleton has managed three clubs in this competition already this season. Leading Portsmouth out in the first round, Blackpool in the third and taking charge of Rovers in the fourth.
- Morten Gamst Pedersen needs to score just two more goals to reach a century of career strikes.
- Rovers' only away win in their last five matches on the road was in the fourth round, when they knocked Premier League Arsenal out.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Millwall 1-2 Blackburn Rovers
- 25 %
Millwall 2-2 Blackburn Rovers
- 11.91 %
Millwall 2-1 Blackburn Rovers
- 11.91 %
|England - Championship (ENG2)||14 Dec 2013||Blackburn Rovers 3 - Millwall 2|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||23 Apr 2013||Millwall 1 - Blackburn Rovers 2|
|FA Cup (FA)||13 Mar 2013||Blackburn Rovers 0 - Millwall 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||10 Mar 2013||Millwall 0 - Blackburn Rovers 0|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||24 Nov 2012||Blackburn Rovers 0 - Millwall 2|
|8 Mar 2014||Derby County 0 - Millwall 1||ENG2|
|1 Mar 2014||Millwall 0 - Brighton & Hove Albion 1||ENG2|
|22 Feb 2014||Barnsley 1 - Millwall 0||ENG2|
|15 Feb 2014||Millwall 1 - Bolton Wanderers 1||ENG2|
|11 Feb 2014||Yeovil Town 1 - Millwall 1||ENG2|
The former York City man is a tricky customer on the flank and is more than capable of beating his man and delivering high-quality balls into the area. The winger also has an eye for goal and could be a more direct threat coming in from wide positions.
Rovers' £8 million outlay for the Scot was much derided in the summer, but he has gone a long way to proving himself worth the price-tag. Rhodes has scored almost half of Blackburn's goals in the league this term and will be crucial for ensuring they get to Wembley.
Both sides have struggled for form in the Championship recently, but the Lions have been particularly toothless in attack with the loss of several key players. Rovers' turmoil-filled campaign has seen one bright spot in the FA Cup, and their superior attacking prowess could book their place at Wembley.
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed