Several big teams were in action in Europe on Tuesday as matchday three of the UEFA Champions League got underway. Manchester United lost to Juventus while Manchester City gained a confidence-boosting win against Shakhtar Donetsk.
Here are the highlights from them:
1) Manchester United 0-1 Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo had a winning return to Old Trafford but it was Paulo Dybala who popped up with the match winner.
2) Shakhtar Donetsk 0-3 Manchester City: Manchester City cruised closer to Champions League knockout qualification as their fine form continued with a convincing 3-0 victory away to Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday.
3) Real Madrid 2-1 Viktoria Plzen: Karim Benzema and Marcelo scored as under-pressure Real Madrid head coach Julen Lopetegui saw his team beat Viktoria Plzen 2-1 for their first win in six.
4) AEK Athens 0-2 Bayern Munich: Quickfire second-half goals from Javi Martinez and Robert Lewandowski secured a routine 2-0 win for Bayern Munich over AEK Athens in Champions League Group E.
5) Young Boys 1-1 Valencia: Guillaume Hoarau scored Young Boys' first Champions League goal as the Swiss side came from behind to deny Valencia in a 1-1 draw at Stade de Suisse.
6) Ajax 1-0 Benfica: Noussair Mazraoui again proved to be Ajax's man for the big Champions League occasion as his injury-time strike sunk Benfica 1-0 in Amsterdam.
7) Hoffenheim 3-3 Lyon: Joelinton scored in stoppage time as Hoffenheim left it late to grab a dramatic 3-3 draw against Champions League rivals Lyon on Tuesday.
8) Roma 3-0 CSKA Moscow: Edin Dzeko continued his fine run of form in the Champions League by scoring twice and setting up another to lead Roma to a 3-0 victory over CSKA Moscow in Group G.