Our good friends at Opta have complied all the numbers and stats you need to assess the teams’ chances ahead of today’s Afcon Group D clash at Stade de Oyem.
- Meanwhile, this is Mali’s 10th AFCON participation. Their best performance dates back to 1972, when they lost 3-2 in the final against Congo.
- This the first AFCON encounter between Uganda and Mali.
- Mali have faced Uganda twice before and have never lost to them (W1 D1); 2-2 draw in 2016 and 5-1 victory for Mali in 1965.
- This fixture features the only remaining sides in the competition yet to score in this edition of the African Cup of Nations.
- Mali are without a win in seven group stage matches in the AFCON (D5 L2) and have only managed to record one clean sheet in that time.
- Uganda come into this match having failed to score in three successive AFCON matches, their longest ever such run in the competition; losing all three games in that time.
- Mali have an opportunity to go beyond the group stage for the third time in four attempts in the AFCONbut will have to win and hope Egypt lose against Ghana to have any chance of securing their place in the next round (would go to goal difference).
- Uganda cannot progress to the quarter-final stage but would leapfrog Mali in the group table (to 3rd) with a win in this match.
- Mali pair, Salif Coulibaly (93%) and Mamoutou N'Diaye (91%) had the best pass completion rates of any players (50+ passes) across the opening two group games in the 2017 African Cup of Nations.