Conte admits he can't stop Hazard leaving Chelsea for Barcelona

Comments()
Getty Images
The Blues boss says he can only give his opinion on the matter, but that he expects the winger to stay

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has admitted that he can't stop Eden Hazard from leaving the club for Barcelona

The sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for €222 million has put several teams, including the Blues, on alert as the Catalans look to replace their Brazilian star. 

Get Chelsea's Communitry Shield odds

The Belgian is among the players being touted as a possible target for the Spanish giants, and despite Conte having previously brushed off the possibility of a move , the Italian now admits that the final decision will not be his to make. 

"Eden Hazard is a really top player, but I repeat I am the coach and I can give my opinion. But the final decision is always the club’s," Conte said in quotes published by Metro

"I expect Eden to play for Chelsea. It is not the right moment to lose a player or players."

Conte rules out Hazard to Barca

Article continues below

Conte has been displeased by his club's transfer business this summer, despite having already landed Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Alvaro Morata, and the club's plans took another hit on Saturday when Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri made it clear that the Italian side would not be selling Alex Sandro

Chelsea are set to open their competative season with Sunday's Community Shield against Arsenal.

 

Close