Promising young forward Jamie Maclaren is likely to find himself in demand at home and abroad after securing an early exit from Perth Glory.
The 21-year-old was granted a mutual termination of his contract at the Western Australian side, who were rocked by a salary cap scandal that cost them a place in last season's A-League finals.
Maclaren joins goalkeeper Danny Vukovic, fullback Scott Jamieson and holding midfielder Rostyn Griffiths in exiting the nib Stadium outfit.
Youngsters Jack Duncan and Riley Woodcock have also left, while Daniel De Silva, sold to Roma last year but allowed to remain in Perth for the 2014-15 campaign, has now departed to join up with the Serie A heavyweights.
Maclaren reportedly had to fight to secure an early release from his Glory contract, despite club officials and head coach Kenny Lowe promising not to stand in the way of any players who wanted to quit in the wake of the salary cap scandal.
"I would like to thank the club and all the fans and members for their support over the past two years. I have many fond memories of WA and have enjoyed my time here," Maclaren said in a statement released late on Monday.
Having been born and raised in Victoria, before joining Blackburn Rovers' youth set up as a teenager, Maclaren has been linked with a move to both Melbourne City and Melbourne Victory.
Victory are well stocked in attack, with Besart Berisha, Fahid Ben Khalfallah, Kosta Barbarouses and Connor Pain all under contract.
Archie Thompson's deal has expired but is expected to stay if a concession allowing clubs to pay a portion of a long-serving veteran's wages outside of the salary cap is included in the new Collection Bargaining Agreement, which is yet to be agreed on by Football Federation Australia and Professional Footballers Australia.
Should Thompson move on, Maclaren would surely be of interest to the reigning champions.
City meanwhile are in the market for attacking talent following the retirement of domestic marquee Josh Kennedy last Friday, leaving David Williams, Harry Novillo, recent signing Corey Gameiro and youngster Marc Marino as the club's only contracted first-team forwards.
Maclaren though, who has been capped by the Young Socceroos and the Olyroos, could yet attract interest back in Europe.
"As far as my future is concerned, I don't have any immediate plans, but I would like to wish the club the best of luck in the forthcoming campaign," he said.
Let the bidding commence.