Fabian Delph is still out with a knee injury while Leroy Sane will miss several weeks with ankle ligament damage, leaving Pep Guardiola with some problems to solve.
New signing Aymeric Laporte, however, is clear to play following his £57 million move from Athletic Bilbao.
MAN CITY INJURIES
As well as Delph and Sane, City will also be without long-term absentees Gabriel Jesus and Benjamin Mendy, who both have knee injuries.
Youngster Phil Foden is also on the sidelines with a foot injury.
MAN CITY SUSPENSIONS
Neither side have any suspensions.
MAN CITY POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP
Guardiola will have to shuffle his pack a little to compensate for his problems on the left-hand side. Given Oleksandar Zinchenko played at left-back against Newcastle 10 days ago, and that West Brom are also likely to sit back and invite pressure as the Magpies did, the Ukrainian could well start again.
Vincent Kompany returned to the team at the weekend and Guardiola may look to take advantage of having the Belgian available for selection again by resting Nicolas Otamendi. However, Guardiola may be tempted to hand Laporte his debut alongside Stones, who was kept on the bench in Cardiff on Sunday.
Bernardo Silva is most likely to replace Sane in the forward line, and could switch flanks with Raheem Sterling as the game goes on.
Daniel Sturridge could be involved for West Brom, having completed a loan move from Liverpool on Monday.
But the Baggies have a number of injuries to contend with, thanks in no small part to their FA Cup against Sturridge's parent club at the weekend.
Both Jake Livermore and Jonny Evans picked up hamstring injuries at Anfield and are touch-and-go for Wednesday's game. Kieran Gibbs, Gareth McAuley, Sam Field and Hal Robson-Kanu are also doubts, while James Morrison and Nacer Chadli are ruled out.
OPTA MATCH FACTS
- Manchester City have won 15 of their last 16 Premier League encounters with West Brom (D1), including winning the last 12 in a row.Southampton have collected one point in their last six Premier League visits to the Etihad Stadium (W0 D1 L5), doing so in their 1-1 draw there last season.
- City’s winning run of 12 games is their joint-longest streak against a team in their league history (level with Newcastle).
- If West Brom lose this fixture it will be their longest ever losing run against a team in their league history (also 12 vs Chelsea and Liverpool).
- Man City have won their last 10 home games in all competitions, their longest run since a run of 13 in January 2014.
- The Citizens have scored at least twice in each of their last 11 Premier League home games; it’s their longest such run in the competition, and longest in the division since Liverpool’s record of 14 in April 2014.
- However, Pep Guardiola’s side have kept just four clean sheets at home in the Premier League this season; as many or fewer than four of the clubs in the bottom seven coming into this matchday (Huddersfield, West Brom, Brighton and Swansea).
TV COVERAGE & KICK-OFF TIME
Kick off is 20:00 GMT (15:00 ET) on Wednesday, January 31, though the game will not be shown live on television in the United Kingdom. It will be shown on NBC Sports Gold in the United States, and on various channels around the world.