Delhi Dynamos director Rohan Sharma has taken a dig at Uruguayan midfielder Matias Mirabaje who had turned out for the club last season.
The 29-year-old made 12 appearances for the Dynamos last season in the ISL, contributing three goals. He had to miss four games after an altercation with Mumbai City midfielder Sehnaj Singh, who incidentally is set to play with him this season.
But Rohan Sharma chose to call out Mirabaje's fitness in a tweet and said, "Good luck with a midfielder who was out of shape for 75% of the season and with a coach that we immediately rejected. Clearly they were #MadeForMumbai"
The tweet also included a dig at Mumbai City's new coach Jorge Costa who Rohan Sharma claims was rejected by Delhi Dynamos. However, one must notice that Mumbai City had sought approval to appoint now-Delhi boss Josep Gombau earlier and the ISL had rejected his name. But Delhi approached ISL again with Gombau's name after which the ISL asked Delhi to seek a 'no-objection' from Mumbai City. The Islanders duly did so, allowing Delhi to appoint the Spaniard.
😂 to all the Mumbai City FC fans in my mentions— Rohan (@MrRohanSharma) August 17, 2018
Good luck with a midfielder who was out of shape for 75% of the season and with a coach that we immediately rejected . Clearly they were #MadeForMumbai
Interestingly, this was what he had said after signing Mirabaje last year, "I'm happy to have Matias join Delhi Dynamos this season. He is going be to an attacking threat in our midfield with his ferocious left foot. He brings a lot of experience and I'm sure he's going to make an impact in our midfield."
The Delhi Dynamos director is no stranger to controversial tweets and has in the past taken digs at Bengaluru FC and the likes.
Portugal had publicly criticised Delhi Dynamos management for not making enough funds available last season, which forced Rohan Sharma to question his coaching capabilities.
India (@Goal_India) May 6, 2018
Now that Mirabaje has been targeted after jumping ships, one wonders if Portugal is next.