'It's wrong news!' - Wenger rubbishes Ozil exit rumours

ShareClose Comments
The Germany international has been linked with a January move to Manchester United, but the Gunners boss insists he is going nowhere

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hit out at the "wrong news" reports which suggest Mesut Ozil has told team-mates of his intention to join Manchester United.

Germany playmaker Ozil played a starring role in the Gunners' 5-2 thumping of Everton on Sunday, putting the visitors ahead with his first goal of the campaign.

Rumours earlier surfaced of the 29-year-old's apparent desire to leave for Old Trafford in January with his contract set to expire at the end of the season.

Wenger, who previously conceded all options were on the table, moved to rubbish talk of an impending exit to United for Ozil.

"We live in an environment where we have to deal with wrong news," the Frenchman said at his post-match press conference.

Article continues below

"The players and myself always only have one response, [which] is what is happening on the football pitch.

Arsenal 40/1 to win the Premier League

"When you see Mesut focused like he was today, and enjoying his game like he was today, it is difficult to believe these kind of rumours."

Next article:
'Man Utd have enough problems without Shaw' - Mourinho moaning concerns Ince
Next article:
PlayStation, reggaeton & washing Aguero's plates - Messi's week in Manchester
Next article:
FIFA Rewind: Watch Argentina versus England from World Cup 1986 in full this Saturday!
Next article:
Liridon suspended, Baddrol warned in latest disciplinary verdicts
Next article:
Arsenal to offload Lacazette? Smith sees sale if striker 'doesn't come good'