Nagelsmann expects Wagner deal with Bayern in 'next week or two'

ShareClose Comments
The striker has been sounded out by the Bavarians as a backup for Robert Lewandowski, meaning a move back to his first club at the age of 30

Hoffenheim manager Julian Nagelsmann said he expects striker Sandro Wagner to seal a move to Bayern Munich in the "next week or two."

The 30-year-old has expressed a desire to return to Bayern, where he came up through the academy before moving on in a career that has seen stops at several different German clubs. 

Bayern have been in the market for a second striker to help support Robert Lewandowski, and negotiations for Wagner have been ongoing since last month. 

And Nagelsmann has now admitted those talks are close to wrapping up, with Wagner set for a return to the Bavarians. 

"We don't have to lie about it. I'm expecting this will happen in the next week or two," Nagelsmann said after a 1-1 draw against Ludogorets in the Europa League on Thursday.

Article continues below

The draw meant Hoffenheim were eliminated from the Europa League after the group stage. 

Wagner made his debut for Germany in 2017 after scoring 11 Bundesliga goals in the 2016-17 campaign. 

This season the striker has six goals in 17 appearances in all competitions. 

Next article:
East Bengal in advanced talks over ISL entry
Next article:
Alba doesn't understand criticism of 'unique' Messi
Next article:
Insta-Star! Ahmed Musa gets massive Instagram surge after Iceland heroics
Next article:
Lugano backs Neymar and Brazil for World Cup glory
Next article:
Mexico players say wins 'not worth anything' if they can't advance from group
Close