Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has revealed that signing Kaka is no longer a priority for the club and insisted that they will not be held to ransom over their attempts to sign Thiago Silva and Carlos Tevez.
The former Milan and Inter coach heaped praise on Kaka last month and it was expected that the Ligue 1 outfit would make a move for the Real Madrid attacker when the transfer window opens on July 1.
However, Leonardo insists that too much has been made of his comments and his allegedly excellent rapport with his fellow Brazilian.
"I have no personal relationship with Kaka, upon which everyone has been basing this proposed transfer," the former Selecao star told Le Parisien. "In fact, Kaka is no longer a priority."
PSG have already come close to signing both Thiago Silva and Tevez, though, having very nearly succeeded with a €46 million bid for the former earlier in June and made an approach for the latter in January.
Leonardo hinted that both players remain at the top of the Ligue 1 side's shopping list but claimed that they will not pay over the odds for either man.
"As everyone says we have a lot of money, but often the negotiations are very difficult," he explained. "There is no question of paying too much. We have a limit, both for Thiago Silva and for Tevez.
"Like all coaches, [Carlo Ancelotti] would like to have his squad as soon as possible. But I am in no hurry. And above all else, I do not want to send the signal to other clubs that I have to hurry."
PSG, who finished as runners-up to Montpellier in the French championship last season, signed Alex and Italy international Thiago Motta during the January transfer window.