The 62-year-old guided Netherlands to third place at the World Cup in Brazil and says he has no need for a holiday before he begins life at the Premier League clubLouis van Gaal has confirmed that he will begin work at Manchester United on Wednesday.
The 62-year-old, who guided Netherlands to third place in the 2014 World Cup, was named as David Moyes' permanent successor in May, signing a three-year contract.
And having finished work with the Oranje, as reported by Goal, Van Gaal says he has no need for a holiday ahead of taking the reins at Old Trafford.
"I like everything I do," he told NOS. "And because I like it, I don't mind to continue with the next job. It's not a problem for me that I'm already going to Manchester on Wednesday. A new experience with new people."
Van Gaal has already begun his Old Trafford squad revamp, signing Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao and Luke Shaw from Southampton, but has been conducting his business from Brazil – having only met "two people" from the club so far.
"I've only met two people from Manchester United so far," he added. "The chief scout and the CEO."