thumbnail Hello,

The Blues are expected to bring in several new faces this summer after a disappointing season but the Portuguese admits the World Cup in Brazil could delay their efforts

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said his team don't require too many new additions this summer and suggests they will wait until after the World Cup before making any moves.

The Portuguese is keen to bolster his squad this summer after falling short in the Premier League and Champions League, and earlier this month Goal revealed Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa has agreed to move to Stamford Bridge in a €43 million deal.

CHELSEA LATEST
16/1 Diego Costa is 16/1 with Bet365 to be top scorer in the World Cup
But with many transfer targets pre-occupied with this summer's tournament in Brazil, Mourinho admits it could be some time before Chelsea have any new faces to unveil, but said there won't be too many brought in.

"Since the market will be open until August 31, like it is, I think it will be more of the same," he told Sky Sports News.

"I think people [will] wait for the World Cup, wait for the first reaction of the first team, wait until after something happens.

"At Chelsea, the manager is the same, the basic structure of the team is the same, we don't need the season to finish and the results of the season [to] make the decisions about what we need and what we don't need," he added.

"Everything was done during the season. We knew perfectly what we wanted and I don't think we have huge work to do during the summer really."

Related

From the web