Arsenal have no new injury worries with Arsene Wenger's only selection dilemma being whether to select Kieran Gibbs or Nacho Monreal at left-back, while Jack Wilshere is also fighting to be given the nod over Tomas Rosicky. Olivier Giroud serves the final match of his three-game ban so Lukas Podolski looks set to lead the line once more.
Wigan may bring Ben Watson back into the starting line-up after the midfielder came off the bench to score the winner at Wembley in the FA Cup final. However, Roberto Martinez remains without Ronnie Stam (ankle), Jean Beausejour (hamstring) and Maynor Figueroa (groin).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal and Wigan played each other in the last game at the old Highbury stadium back in May 2006. Thierry Henry scored a hat-trick that day as the Gunners ran out 4-2 winners, to secure fourth spot and a place in the Champions League.
- Arsenal have scored 43 goals at home in the Premier League this season, second only to champions Manchester United.
- The Gunners have only one ever-present in their squad, that being Santi Cazorla (pictured right), who has appeared in all 36 of their games so far.
- The previous game between the two sides was settled 1-0 in Arsenal's favour thanks to a penalty from Mikel Arteta.
- Of all the teams around them, Wigan have taken the most wins on the road in the league this season, with five ahead of their trip to the Emirates.
- The Latics took their first-ever league victory over Arsenal at the Emirates last season, with two quick-fire goals from Franco Di Santo and Jordi Gomez gave them a 2-1 win.