Ahead of Scotland's World Cup qualifying clash with Wales on Friday, the 26-year-old has called for an end to the war of words which was sparked by a late challenge in pre-season
The Stoke midfielder had already previously caused Bale to be out for three months in 2011 when he caught him with a late challenge in a pre-season friendly while still at Liverpool over the summer.
The Spurs wideman branded Adam a "coward" after the game, but the 26-year-old has insisted the incident should be left in the past.
"What happened in the past has happened. I apologised to him during the [pre-season] game, after a corner," Adam told reporters.
"I said to [Bale] I was sorry and thought everything was alright. I also apologised to the manager of Tottenham at half-time.
"Then all of a sudden I was being called a coward. That's football and it won't stop me tackling and trying to be the player I am. I hope it is done and dusted now."