Gary Cahill, Ryan Bertrand, Juan Mata, Oriel Romeu, Fernando Torres and Victor Moses all got on the scoresheet as the west London side comfortably beat their Championship opponents at Stamford Bridge.
And, despite the Terry currently awaiting the FA's verdict on whether he racially abused QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in October of last year, Newton underlined the 31-year-old's desire to play.
He told reporters: "Yes, we've been talking with John and what his mindset is and he's been very positive and he wanted to play and do what he usually does for the team, so there was no problem with that selection.
"From my understanding of knowing John, he's a positive person and he loves the club and he's very enthusiastic about playing, just as he was as a young man.
|PREMIER LEAGUE LATEST
|11/1||Chelsea are 11/1 with Bet365 to beat Arsenal 2-1 on Saturday
"We wanted John to start, obviously everything that's happening with the FA, we wanted to see how it panned out. We got a phone call as he was making his way back from the FA early, so it wasn't last-minute, so it was an easy selection process, we'd covered all the bases, all the scenario's that could have happened."
The former Chelsea midfielder also expressed his belief that Terry's recent retirement from international duty would have eventually become a necessity in order to extend his career.
He added: "Well that's like all professionals, the commitment of playing for both your club and your country is hard, it's hard physically and the older you get the more demanding it becomes on your body.
"And if you really want to keep playing at the top level for as long as possible, at some point you're going to have to make a decision."
Newton also went on to hail the west London outfit's focus as they put six past the Molineux side to reach the next round.
"If you show any complacency and disrespect to the opposition, you will pay the price and we focused on the game and dealt with matters at hand and got a very good result and performance," he added.
Meanwhile, Wolves boss Stale Solbakken blamed his side's busy schedule for their mauling at the hands of the European champions.
"When you play four games in two weeks you can expect something like this to happen and we worked very hard from the beginning," he said.
"There's no-one to blame but me and it was a calculated risk and they have had three games in six days and we've had long travelling games but I would have done the same thing again.
"The beginning of the game destroyed some of the learning process and they had a long 80 minutes to play, but we played a quite good game for long periods. Some of the guys haven't played in a while and we knew this could happen if Chelsea played well."