Fulham have confirmed that Clint Dempsey has not travelled on the club's pre-season tour to Switzerland amidst reports that he is attempting to force a move to Liverpool.
As exclusively revealed by Goal.com on Tuesday, Dempsey will remain at the west London outfit's Motspur Park training ground this week, though the Cottagers refused to comment on the future of their attacking midfielder.
The club also refused to be drawn on reports of a bust-up between the USA international and his manager, Martin Jol, last Friday.
| PREMIER LEAGUE LATEST
|7/1||Fulham are 7/1 to be relegated from the Premier League in 2012-13 with sportingbet|
"Neither are scheduled to feature in the weekend friendly against Nice which is the reason neither have travelled.
"We are not to prepared to comment on any further speculation."
It is understood that the 29-year-old told Jol that he did not want to take part in the week-long trip, and has made clear to Fulham officials his desire to leave the club in order to join Liverpool.
Reds manager Brendan Rodgers has already admitted to making enquiries over Dempsey, who has rejected Fulham's offer of a new three-year deal, as revealed by Goal.com earlier in this month.
The American star is valued at £9 million by Fulham after he scored 23 goals in all competitions last season, but the Cottagers would be willing to settle for a fee between £5m and £6m with his contract having entered its final year.
Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam have already been discussed as potential makeweights in any deal between the two clubs, with Everton and Aston Villa also said to be monitoring Dempsey's situation.
The American is keen on a move to Anfield, but may have wait for Liverpool to clear cash to secure a deal by selling members of their own playing squad.
Follow Jonathan Birchall on