The Blues' boardmember has reiterated that the club will take their time to name the man to take charge for next term, and that Didier Drogba's future remains undecided
Chief executive Ron Gourlay has once again insisted that Chelsea will not rush into appointing a new permanent manager ahead of next season.
Interim boss Roberto Di Matteo, who replaced Andre Villas-Boas in March, led the west London side to an FA Cup triumph and their first ever Champions League title, and is a popular contender amongst players and fans for the job.
|CHELSEA CELEBRATE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TRIUMPH
|The Blues returned from Munich to parade the European Cup along the streets of west London
Despite his short successful spell, the Italian is not guaranteed the position, with former England manager Fabio Capello, among others, also linked with the role.
Gourlay was full of praise for Di Matteo, but stressed that the club would not be rushed into making any decisions regarding the managerial position, telling Sky Sports News: "As we've said exactly from the day Robbie [Di Matteo] was given the job as interim coach, let's get through to the end of the season, we set ourselves goals and then when that season ends then we'll sit down and discuss things.
"Whilst we hoped to get to Munich we didn't know at the time we would get there so we just asked Robbie to give us his best and see where we went.
"So now we have to sit down over the next week or two, or however long it takes, because we've got to do what is right for the football club."
"We will look at the season, look what worked for us, look at the mistakes we made, put them right and then take it forward.
"I know the fans will be pushing for Robbie, but we're not jumping into anything rash.
"He has done fantastically well and I'm very proud of him and what he has achieved. But we will stick with what we said and sit down and talk things through and work things out."
Gourlay also commented on the speculation regarding the future of striker Drogba, whose contract expires at the end of next month.
The Ivory Coast international scored both the equaliser and winning penalty against Bayern Munich on Saturday, but Gourlay stressed that an announcement would be made when a satisfactory conclusion between both parties had been reached.
It is thought that Drogba is holding out for a two-year contract extension, whereas the Stamford Bridge outfit are hoping to agree on just one more year with the striker already 34-years-old.
"Conversations with Didier have been going on for months now and they're still on-going,” he added.
"Didier has made it clear that he loves Chelsea and has loved everything he has achieved here, this was the icing on the cake for him and for everybody else.
"When we are already to make an announcement then we will do in the future."