The Italian striker will serve a four-match ban for his alleged stamp on Tottenham and England midfielder Scott Parker after he decided not to appeal the decision
The incident took place late on in Manchester City’s crucial 3-2 victory over fellow title challengers Spurs, with Balotelli going onto net a penalty deep into stoppage time after avoiding the wrath of referee Howard Webb for his actions.
However, the Italian striker still insists he did not do anything wrong during the game, and that it was not his intention to catch Parker in the head with his boot.
“I have accepted the ban because I couldn't prove my innocence," Balotelli told reporters.
"But I'm not a villain or violent. I didn't try to [place my] heel [on] Parker," Balotelli added
The club accepted the FA's verdict on Wednesday, meaning Balotelli is set for a four-game ban, the first of which came in the League Cup semi-final defeat to Liverpool at Anfield.
Roberto Mancini begrudgingly accepted the verdict, and decided against an appeal after seeing Vincent Kompany’s equally contentious red card in the Manchester derby turned down earlier this month.
“I do not agree with this decision, but we can do nothing. I do not agree. I explained to Mario and he understood,” Mancini told Sky Sports.