Four of Europe's biggest clubs are to be investigated over proposals made to the Brazil forward before he moved to Barcelona in a controversial transfer in 2013
Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid have all been ordered by a Spanish judge to submit documentation detailing their offers to sign Brazil forward Neymar prior to his move to Barcelona in the summer of 2013.
Jose de la Mata Amaya agreed to investigate a complaint by DIS, the Brazilian company that owned a 40 per cent stake of Neymar's rights and that has long maintained they are still owed money from the controversial transfer.
The signing-on fee - a €10 million payment made by Barcelona two years before the move - is said to contravene with the free market rules in the transfer of players and DIS is accusing officials from the Blaugrana and Santos of corruption and fraud, court documents reveal.
As part of the ongoing investigation, De La Mata has now asked Bayern, Chelsea, City and Madrid to hand over offers made to Neymar and his parents between 2009 and 2013, while the player himself could be called to give evidence in the case.
Meanwhile, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu, former club chief Sandro Rosell and Neymar are being charged with the falsification of contracts for the purposes of tax evasion in the controversial deal, which saw the player move from Santos in 2013 for a fee quoted by the Catalan club as €57.1m.
A complaint by Barca socio Jordi Cases later led to an investigation into the funding of the deal and Rosell resigned in January last year due to his involvement in the murky transfer.
Bartomeu took over as president and immediately revealed the figures behind the deal in a press conference the following day, with the total operation actually costing €86.2m (€57.1m euros for the transfer itself including the €40m paid to the player's parents, €10m as a signing-on fee, €2.7m in commission, €4m in marketing, €2.5m for Neymar's foundation and €9.9m in scouting and collaborative deals with Santos).
However, De La Mata claims Barca are guilty of fiscal fraud after allegedly failing to pay €12.7m in taxes which would bring the deal close to €100m.
The corruption charges could lead to time in prison (between six months and four years) for Rosell and Bartomeu, who could also face a multi-million euro fine if they are found guilty of the charges.
Barca released a statement on Wednesday night declaring their surprise at the allegations and said the questions raised by DIS should be resolved in relation to Santos and not them.