The forward was tragically killed in a car accident in Donetsk last week but club CEO Sergei Palkin says the remaining money will be given to his parents and young daughterShakhtar Donetsk have confirmed they will pay Maicon's outstanding wages to his family after the striker was killed last week.
Maicon, who was 25, died in a car accident in Donetsk on February 8, with legal protocol stating that his contract - due to run until 2015 - should now expire.
However, Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin has revealed the club intend to grant an amount equal to the remainder of Maicon's deal to his parents and young daughter.
Speaking at a press conference, Palkin said: "The contract with Maicon was valid until mid-2015. From a legal point of view, in such situations it expires.
"But Maicon has a 7-year-old daughter and quite elderly parents. Therefore, the president of the club decided to hand his family the amount stipulated by the contract, in full, to support his family at this difficult time."
Maicon, who joined Shakhtar in 2012, made a total of six appearances for the Ukraine giants, scoring once.