Nagoya Grampus 1–3 Arsenal: Giroud on target again as Gunners win in Japan

Arsene Wenger's men recorded another convincing win with the Frenchman opening the scoring, while local boy Ryo Miyaichi and Theo Walcott were also on target
Arsenal picked up their third win of their pre-season tour, and their first of their two matches in Japan, with a 3-1 win over Nagoya Grampus.

Olivier Giroud continued his fine early season form with his sixth goal of the tour so far, while local favourite Ryo Miyaichi delighted the huge crowd with a penalty and Theo Walcott added a third before the hosts pulled one back.

The Gunners began the game quickly with Giroud on the scoresheet after just three minutes.

Carl Jenkinson began the move, finding Rosicky on the right and his superb cross on the run was headed powerfully home by the Frenchman.

A second nearly followed immediately with Walcott going down in the box under pressure, but denied a penalty before Miyaichi slashed a shot wide of the goal.

After continuing to dominate the early exchanges, however, it did not take Arsenal too long to double their lead.

Mid-way through the first half. Giroud was involved once again, his cut-back to Miyaichi clearly handled in the area, with the referee pointing straight to the spot.

Up stepped Miyaichi, to a huge roar from the fans, the 20-year-old smashing home a fine penalty kick to double Arsenal’s lead.

Yet for all the visitors' good work, they were a little fortunate not to concede just before half-time with the hosts fashioning two fine chances, only to be denied by poor finishing.

Yoshizumi Ogawa was the culprit, first heading a great chance straight at Fabianski, when unmarked, before moment later scuffing another effort goalwards when clean through.

Predictably the Gunners made changes at half-time, with Jack Wilshere introduced and two further substitutes Serge Gnabry and Lukas Podolski combining to good effect immediately.

Podolski showed neat feet in the area to set up his countryman but he could not find the finish to match, firing wide of the near post from close range.

Substitute Gnabry then brought the crowd to its feet, throwing in a step over and beating two players before aiming a shot that was millimetres away from nestling in the top corner.

A minute later and the ball was in the back of the net again though, this time set up by another substitute, 16-year-old Gedion Zelalem.

The teenager picked out Walcott in the box with a glorious pass allowing the England international, wasteful until that point, to take a touch before dinking the ball over the goalkeeper.

The chances continued to come with Wilshere and Walcott denied by some good goalkeeping before the hosts managed to grab a consolation.

A corner was swung in from the right by Tanko and found Yano in between centre-backs Mertesacker and Sagna, who headed home strongly.

Wenger then opted to throw on youngsters Chuba Akpom and Chuks Aneke who, along with Zelalem and Gnabry, looked hugely promising as the Gunners saw out the rest of the game comfortably.