Lionel Messi, Franck Ribery and Cristiano Ronaldo are in the running to win and Goal will be covering the 2013 award gala every step of the way
Holder Lionel Messi is up against Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo in the battle to win football's most prestigous individual award.
Goal will be covering the event every step of the way and here is what we have in store before, during and after the ceremony:
- Ahead of the gala, we will be providing in-depth articles looking back at 2013 and analysing the credentials of each of the three final candidates. We will also be revealing our all-time Ballon d’Or XI and will be running a poll to allow you to have your say on who should be crowned this year's winner.
- All the pre-event news and views from around the football world will be provided, while readers will have their opportunity to quiz our experts in a LIVE! Q&A held in advance of the event. Omar Momani has also prepared a special cartoon in honour of the occasion.
- Our international correspondent Kris Voakes will be reporting direct from the Ballon d’Or gala in Zurich and our LIVE! blog from 16:00CET will cover all the twists and turns from before, during and after the ceremony. Watch out also for video of the trophy moment arriving direct from Fifa HQ.
- European football experts Carlo Garganese, Ben Hayward and Peter Staunton will be on hand to give their reactions immediately after the ceremony, while we will also review the winners named for the Fifa Coach of the Year, the FIFPro World XI and the Puskas awards.
- All the news and views from the winners, losers and other key footballing figures will be brought to you immediately after the announcement while we will also analyse the key votes made by international captains, coaches and journalists.
It is the most hotly contested Ballon d'Or of all time and you won't miss a moment on Goal.