The winger has said that he was so happy to be recalled for Oranje that he does not mind what position he plays, but admitted life on the bench for Bayern Munich is 'difficult'
The Bayern Munich attacker was originally omitted from the squad that will face Italy on Wednesday when it was announced last week by coach Louis van Gaal.
However the winger was drafted in as a replacement for Klaas Jan Huntelaar after the Schalke striker pulled out with a facial injury.
“I took the first plane I could get [to the Netherlands], I'm so happy that I can be part of the group after all,” Robben told Algemeen Dagblad.
“The manager could have called a more specific striker. We'll have to see if I can play, but I will even play as a left-back if that's necessary.”
But the 29-year-old admitted that he is not enjoying life as a substitute at Die Roten but has said it is not something that he wishes to make an issue out of as the club chase a Bundesliga title.
“It's difficult [not playing], I'm not going to lie about that.
"But I don't want to make any problems, that's in nobody's benefit.”