Eredivisie Round 32 Results: Ajax on the brink of title prolongation

A 2-1 victory away to Twente puts the capital side on the cusp of their 31st league title, with rivals Feyenoord moving into second following their victory over AZ
Groningen 1-1 De Graafschap
The hosts were the better side of the two in the opening 45 minutes of the game and deservedly went 1-0 when Matias Jones volleyed home a superb cross from Dusan Tadic.

Nevertheless, De Graafschap fought back after the interval, and Anco Jansen helped the Superboeren to a hard-fought draw with an excellent shot in the 69th minute.
Heracles 2-4 Heerenveen
Heracles started the match with attacking intentions, but the away side opened the scoring against the run of play when Bas Dost tapped home a rebound from close range.

Luciano Narsingh then doubled Heerenveen's lead in the second half after being set up by Filip Djuricic, before Willie Overtoom pegged one back for Heracles from the spot.

The guests restored their two-goal lead shortly after when Djuricic capped a fine performance with a well taken goal in the 69th minute.

Heracles didn't give up, though, and Thomas Bruns made it 2-3 shortly after with a calm finish from the edge of the area. However, Heerenveen would leave Almelo with the full three points as Dost put the match to bed in the closing stages of the game with his 30th Eredivisie goal of the season.
Utrecht 1-3 NAC

Utrecht needed a win to keep their chances of making the end-of-season play-offs alive, and things were looking good for the Domstedelingen when Frank Demouge broke the deadlock after only nine minutes.

NAC took over the initiative after the interval, though, and Robbert Schilder restored parity with 20 more minutes to go.

Young striker Alex Schalk then gifted the away side the lead with a good shot from the edge of the area, before Jeffrey Sarpong decided the match well into stoppage time.
Vitesse 3-2 Excelsior
The Rotterdam side somewhat surprisingly grabbed the lead after 34 minutes of play when Vitesse's Jan-Arie van der Heijden headed a cross from Luigi Bruins past his own goalkeeper.

Things got even worse for the hosts shortly after when Roland Alberg tapped home after being set up by Bruins, but Alexander Buttner helped the Arnhem side back into the game in the dying seconds of the first half with a converted spot kick.

Excelsior were then dealt a big blow when Jordy van Deelen received his marching orders after the break, before Buttner fired home yet another penalty to level the scoring.

Vitesse started pushing for the winner in the dying moments of the game and were eventually rewarded for their positive attitude in the 90th minute when Marco van Ginkel found the net.
VVV 2-1 ADO Den Haag
VVV started the match superbly and needed only five minutes to open the scoring via Barry Maguire after some good work from Danny Holla.

The guests weren't too impressed, though, and Nigerian youngster Kenneth Omeruo restored parity with a superb header in the 19th minute.

Nevertheless, Omeruo would then go from hero to villain as he beat his own shot stopper only minutes later, before receiving his marching orders in the 69th minute.
Roda 1-3 PSV

PSV recorded a comfortable 3-1 victory over Roda on Sunday, a result which sees them rise to third in the table. The visitors got off to a flying start, with a composed finish from Dries Mertens opening the scoring in the 7th minute. Mertens turned provider for his side's second, with Marcelo converting the Belgian's corner.

Sanharib Malki pulled one back for the hosts in the 65th minute, but Memphis Depay's late strike ensured PSV returned to Eindhoven with a deserved victory.
Feyenoord 1-0 AZ

Match Report

Twente 1-2 Ajax
Match Report
RKC squandered the chance to draw level with Roda in eight, playing out a 1-1 draw away to NEC. Though the hosts themselves remained in contention for the playoffs for European football, neither side could find a breakthrough in the first half.

The game sprung to life after the interval, with Melvin Platje putting the home side ahead in the 57th minute. The visitors were quick to respond, levelling matters through Ricky ten Voorde just three minutes later.