The Chile defender criticised the striker's attack on Italy's Giorgio Chiellini and says Uruguay have lost an important player for the remainder of their World Cup campaign
Suarez sunk his teeth into Chiellini in Uruguay's 1-0 win over Italy on Tuesday and has been banned by Fifa for four months and nine international games, including his side's last-16 clash with Colombia.
Speaking at a press conference just outside Belo Horizonte, where Chile are preparing for their own second-round game against Brazil on Saturday, Isla said: "It was an ugly gesture that has no place at a World Cup."
And he added: "For Fifa, for everyone watching, it's something you don't want to see and now Uruguay have lost an important player."
Isla, meanwhile, hopes Chile can produce another shock in this World Cup as they face hosts Brazil on Saturday, having already ended the hopes of holders Spain last week.
"We all know the quality Brazil have, with some of the best players in the world," he said. "But we are happy with our performances and we were excellent against Spain. We showed what we are capable of and that's what we have to do once again."