Uruguay star Luis Suarez says there is no chance of him missing this summer's World Cup through injury.
The Liverpool forward was forced to undergo surgery on the meniscus in his left knee at the tail end of last month, sparking fears that the 27-year-old might be ruled out of the showpiece event in Brazil.
However, Suarez has revealed that at no point was there a chance of him sitting out the tournament.
“Emotionally, I’ve felt fine [throughout the recovery period]," the Reds attacker told the Guardian. "Psychologically, I’ve been spectacular.
"At no time did I feel pressured. At no time have I felt sad because at no point did I think there was a chance of me missing the World Cup. The thought never went through my mind.
"I could have really cried [in pain] because of this injury but I didn’t because I knew. I knew.
"When the doctor first spoke to me three little tears fell but no more. My wife said: ‘I can’t believe how strong you’re being.' But I knew I’d make it."
However, Suarez refused to be drawn on whether he feels he will be fit for Uruguay's tournament opener against Costa Rica in Fortaleza on June 14.
“What you don’t know is how the knee will react,” he says. “Today, I could say to you: ‘Yeah, I’ll make it to the first game’. Or: ‘No, I prefer to wait for the second or the third’.
“But you only know for sure as you progress and you see how the knee reacts."
After facing Costa Rica in the first game in Group D, Uruguay must then tackle England in Sao Paulo on June 19 before meeting Italy in Belo Horizonte on June 24.