Join us for the qualifying action...
The long road to Poland-Ukraine continued after Friday and Saturday's round of games, Europe was back in full swing again on Tuesday with 22 matches.
England were back in action after having the weekend off, but were held scoreless by Montenegro at Wembley. Just further up north, Scotland fought back against Spain, only to have their hearts broken by Fernando Llorente.
The Netherlands taught Sweden a footballing lesson while Italy's clash with Serbia was suspended due to trouble caused by the traveling fans. France appear to be back on track and kept up their momentum by defeating Luxembourg.
Germany had an easy time overcoming Kazahkstan 3-0. Portugal also were not troubled as they disposed of Iceland 3-1.
All the in-depth coverage and analyses such as previews, reports, and ratings are ready and waiting for you below...
All matches were on Tuesday October 12.
|Faroe Islands||1-1||Northern Ireland|
We have some excellent post match content...
- Three Reasons Serbia Fans Caused Italy Game To Be Abandoned, Including Hilary Clinton
- Euro 2012 Comment: To Succeed In 2012, Germany’s Four-Headed Attack Must Return
- Euro 2012 Comment: Simple For France Against Luxembourg, But Questions Remain For Laurent Blanc
- Overcautious Fabio Capello Is Failing England's Next Generation Of Stars
- Euro 2012 Qualification: Worst Team Of The Round - Matchday Four
- Seven More Glorious Failures By Scotland That Rank Alongside Spain Defeat
- Euro 2012 Comment: 10 Things We Learned From Tuesday's Euro 2012 Qualifiers
- Euro 2012 Comment: Attacking Intentions Pay Off As The Netherlands Brush Aside Sweden
- Euro 2012 Qualification: Team Of The Round - Matchday Four
- Goal.com Poll Results: The Best Player In Euro 2012 Qualifying So Far
- Goal.com Poll Results: Spain & Germany Tied As Favourites For Euro 2012 Title
Fixtures And Results For October 8 & 9
|SATURDAY OCT 9|
We also have some superb post-match content for you...
- Euro 2012 Comment: Vicente del Bosque Proves His Worth By Guiding Under-Strength Spain Past Lithuania
- Euro 2012 Comment: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Makes The Difference For The Netherlands
- Euro 2012 Comment: Dominant Germany Show Strength In Depth
- Euro 2012 Special: Ten Things We Learned From Friday’s Euro 2012 Qualifiers
- Euro 2012 Comment: France Boss Laurent Blanc And His ‘Coaching Gagnant’
- Euro 2012 Qualification: Team Of The Round - Matchday Three
- Euro 2012 Qualification: Worst Team Of The Round - Matchday Three
This early in the qualification race no results can truly be called decisive. But consider the teams who are expected to win their group: anything less than an early win will put the fans against the team going forward.
For France and Laurent Blanc this is especially important: so many of this summer's squad have been ousted due to the revolt against former coach Raymond Domenech, and that means that the FFF are under huge pressure to deliver results. What's more, those players replacing the old guard know that a good performance can see them cement a place.
England and Italy had disappointing World Cups, too - the latter moreso than the former - and need to get off to good starts.
And let's not forget UEFA themselves. These matches have been moved to Friday from their traditional Saturdays in order to get the international break over with faster. It remains to be seen if the fans at the stadia, and in front of the TVs, appreciate this change.
And don't forget: