Goal.com's Stefan Coerts takes a look at Klose's World Cup strikes of the past...Experienced striker Miroslav Klose has been struggling to find his best form at club level in recent years, but the prolific hitman has always performed when called upon by Germany's national side. The Bayern Munich forward has been one of the stars of the 2010 World Cup so far and Klose climbed to joint second spot in the list of all time World Cup goalscorers with his brace in the 4-0 quarter final win against Argentina. Here's how the 32-year-old managed to score fourteen goals over three World Cups.
2002 World Cup
1) Germany 8-0 Saudi Arabia: Klose gifted Germany the lead with a diving header after 20 minutes of play to break the deadlock.
2) Germany 8-0 Saudi Arabia: Only five minutes after opening the score, Klose again found the net with an easy header to make it 2-0 for the Nationalelf.
3) Germany 8-0 Saudi Arabia: With Germany already leading 4-0, Klose kept on troubling the Saudi Arabian defence and the highly-rated forward got his hat-trick in the 69th minute with his third headed goal.
4) Germany 1-1 Ireland: The Irish defence were well aware of the danger called Klose, but they were still unable to prevent the striker from heading the opener against the back of the net in the 19th minute.
5) Germany 2-0 Cameroon: Not for the first time at the 2002 World Cup, Michael Ballack sent in an excellent cross for the waiting Klose, who headed home to make it 2-0 about ten minutes before the final whistle.
2006 World Cup
6) Germany 4-2 Costa Rica: After early goals from Philipp Lahm and Paulo Wanchope, Klose restored Germany's lead with a calm finish at the far post after 17 minutes of play.
7) Germany 4-2 Costa Rica: Klose then doubled his tally at the hour mark when he tapped home a rebound from close range to make it 3-1.
8) Germany 3-0 Ecuador: The Polish-born attacker helped Germany to an early lead when he fired home a Bastian Schweinsteiger cross in the fourth minute.
9) Germany 3-0 Ecuador: The Ecuadorian defence were unable to cope with Klose and the gifted striker scored his side's second only minutes before the break when he rounded the Ecuadorian goalie before slotting home.
10) Germany 1-1 Argentina: Klose struggled to make an impact against the Argentinians, but he scored a crucial equalizer in the dying minutes of the game when he beat the goalie with a stooping header. Germany eventually progressed to the semi-final after spot kicks.
2010 World Cup
11) Germany 4-0 Australia: The Bayern Munich striker beat the Australian goalie to the ball to head the ball into the empty goal and make it 2-0 for the Europeans.
12) Germany 4-1 England: Klose reacted quickly after a long ball from Manuel Neuer and found the net with a calm finish from inside the area.
13) Germany 4-0 Argentina: Lukas Podolski set up Klose with a superb lay-off to allow the forward to tap home from close range and make it 2-0 for the Nationalelf halfway the second half.
14) Germany 4-0 Argentina: Klose poured even more salt in the Argentinian wounds in the dying seconds of the game when he coolly finished a Mesut Oezil cross to score his 14th World Cup goal ever.
Become a fan of Goal.com International on Facebook! Just click onto Facebook.com/Goal to join the beautiful game's leading fan community...