Valdes: 6 - Was rarely troubled tonight although he almost committed a howler in the 35th minute when he misjudged Abidal's backpass.
Dani Alves: 7.5
- Was not troubled defensively and was exceptional on the right flank. It was his cross that led to Pedro's goal and the Brazilian overshadowed his fellow compatriot Maicon.
Pique: 7.5 - Looked strong in central defence, made some key interventions and scored the opener for his side. Had a fantastic evening.
Puyol: 7.5 - The Barcelona skipper looked spirited and controlled his backline well, keeping both Diego Milito and Samuel Eto'o in check.
- Didn't allow Maicon to run at him and kept him neutralised for large periods. Perhaps he didn't provide much options in attack but defensively he looked sound.
Xavi: 8 - He is the best central midfielder in the world and against Inter he showed why. He kept Barcelona ticking throughout the match and was especially dangerous in the first half.
- A calm and composed display from the Barcelona midfielder as he let his team-mates push forward and he himself kept the opposition defenders in check.
Keita: 7 -
The Malian linked up well with his fellow attack-minded players and played a number of good passes.
Pedro: 8 - He has made Barcelona's left side his own. An absolute joy to watch, the 22-year-old scored a lovely goal, crafted a number of good crosses and at times made Maicon and Javier Zanetti look like amateurs. One wonders why Barcelona wanted to buy David Silva in the summer when they have an absolute gem in Pedro.
Henry: 6.5 - The Frenchman has looked below-par in the games he has featured for Barcelona so far and except a few long range shots on goal, didn't really threaten to do much. But of course, it was his assist that led to Pique's opener.
Iniesta: 7 - The Spanish international hasn't been in the best of form so far this season but against an almost submissive Inter midfield he was quite brilliant. He sent his team-mates through on a couple of occasions and looks to be recovering his all-conquering form of last season.
Dos Santos: N/A
Julio Cesar: 7.5 - Made a couple of world class saves, including one in the second half from a close-range header, and made a few other good stops too. The Brazilian was Inter's best player tonight.
Maicon: 7 - Couldn't really get the better of Abidal and was limited in his marauding runs on the right flank. Defensively too he was caught off-guard on a few occasions by Pedro, but nevertheless it was from the right that most of Inter's chances were created and Maicon was at the heart of most of them.
- Had a decent game at the back but with the Barcelona players coming out at Inter in droves, he looked clueless at times.
Lucio: 6.5 - Struggled on a few occasions but the Brazilian was crucial in making a number of important challenges and clearances.
- Earned a deserved yellow card late on in the game and was run ragged by Daniel Alves.
Cambiasso: 5- Had a poor first half as he had to drop deep to help his defenders and was substituted at half-time by Jose Mourinho.
Zanetti: 5.5 -
They say Zanetti never has a bad game but tonight he did have one. Didn't look very comfortable when he was pushed back by Pedro and Iniesta and wasn't particularly impressive in the attacking department either.
Thiago Motta: 5.5 - Made a few good passes in the first half but looked mostly below-par.
Stankovic: 5.5 - As good as he is in shooting and linking up, Stankovic is simply not the trequartista or creative mind that Inter needed to unlock the Barcelona defence. Had a poor game and looked unimaginative.
- The Cameroonian was probably the worst player on the pitch for the 90 minutes. Eto'o was anonymous in the first half and although he had two good chances in the second period, the much heralded striker simply collapsed against his former club.
- As good a finisher the Argentine striker is, Milito needs the ball to score. He didn't get the required service from the midfield but he did try and send Eto'o through early on in the second half.
- Came on at half-time in place of Cambiasso but didn't add much to the game.
Balotelli: 6.5 - The temperamental youngster came on for the final 20 or minutes of the game and showed some good touches and linked up well with Maicon on one occasion.
Subhankar Mondal, Goal.com