AC Milan's grip on the last remaining Champions League spot became a little more vice-like following their victory over Torino and fourth-placed Fiorentina's slip-up to Roma, and the Rossoneri will be desperate to take three points against Serie B-bound basement boys Pescara ahead of Sunday's decisive clash against the Giallorossi.
However, on Wednesday they will have to do without the services of the suspended Kevin-Prince Boateng, while other midfielders Riccardo Montolivo and Massimo Ambrosini will face late fitness tests to decide their availability.
Midfield enforcer Nigel de Jong remains sidelined, as is forward Bojan.
Meanwhile, Christian Bucchi's side are without a number of regulars with goalkeeper Ivan Pelizzoli, midfielders Gaetano D'Agostino, Francesco Modesto, Juan Quintero and forward Gianluca Capriari all missing for the hosts, although defender Per Kroldrup could return from injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Pescara's hopes of staying in Serie A next season were dashed on Sunday when they were beaten 4-1 by Genoa.
- The Delfini have gone 16 games without a victory and have only won once in 2013 when they beat Fiorentina 2-0 back in January.
- The hosts have lost 10 of their last 11 games against Milan.
- Milan are four points better off than fourth-placed Fiorentina with only three matches remaining. The Viola face Pescara on the last day of the season.
- Rossoneri forward Mario Balotelli (pictured, right) has notched nine league goals in 10 games since returning to Serie A in January.
- You have to go as far back as 1979 for the first and only time Milan have lost to Pescara.