The hosts can secure their first league title since 2005 against their local rivals in the Paulista derby if they match or better Vasco da Gama's result elsewhere
Alessandro, Paulo Andre, L. Castan, Fabio Santos
Jorge Henrique, Liedson
Cicinho, Henrique, Thiago Heleno, Gabriel Silva
Assuncao, Marcio Araujo
Ricardo Bueno, Fernandao
Corinthians will be without the suspended trio of Ralf, Emerson and Danilo as they look to secure the title, so Wallace, Alex and Jorge Henrique come into the side. Paulinho could be set to play his last game for the club if he gets the move to Europe that he has been regularly linked with. Adriano missed a training session with illness earlier this week but is likely to recover and take his place on the bench.
Marcos is close to a return between the sticks for Palmeiras but Deola will continue to start after proving himself a more-than-capable understudy. Dead-ball specialist Marcos Assuncao has been singled out by Tite as they key man for Palmeiras. The midfielder has impressed despite an extremely underwhelming campaign from his team.
With their top-scorer Luan looking unlikely to play a part in the game, Fernandao, Ricardo Bueno and Maikon Leite will all fight for the starting berths. The former Santos player was also absent at training in midweek, so is unlikely to be in the first eleven.
|DID YOU KNOW|
- Corinthians can secure the title if they match Vasco da Gama's result against Flamengo - or, more simply, if they win here against their local rivals.
- The two sides last came up against each other in Round 19 of the Brasileiro. Goals from Luan and Fernandao gave Palmeiras a 2-1 victory after coming from behind.
- Liedson is the hosts' top goalscorer this season with 12 strikes, and has scored in both of his previous two outings.
- The Musketeers have been involved in five previous Sao Paulo derbies this year. They have won only once, drawing two and losing two.
- Without Luan in attack, Verdao struggle for goals. Ricardo Bueno and Fernandinho have scored just twice each this season.
- The visitors have the chance to win three games on the trot for the first time this season after previous victories over Bahia and Sao Paulo.
- Palmeiras have taken 10 points from a possible 15 in their previous derby-day fixtures this year.