Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Caption

The sporting director says the Uruguayan was the club's main priority to replace Alexis Sanchez and feels he will be able to cope with pressure of playing for the Catalan club

Caption

The prolific attacker admits he never imagined he would wear the famous Blaugrana shirt and is desperate to move on from this summer's biting incident

Caption

After the striker's big-money move to Barcelona, the manager revealed his desire to add a proven forward to his ranks but wants his entire team to chip in with goals

Caption

The Croatia international has little doubt that the prolific attacker will prove to be a fine addition, while Luis Enrique has called on his players to dominate matches

Caption

Two of last term's top five forwards have jumped ship but, with Luis Suarez and Mario Mandzukic added into the mix, expect goals to come thick, fast and from all over in 2014-15

Caption

The German champions have reportedly sent a delegation to Madrid to tie up a deal for the Atletico centre-back as they look to sign cover for the injured Javi Martinez

Monday, August 18, 2014

Caption

The Uruguayan came on to play the final 15 minutes as the Blaugrana beat Leon 6-0 on Monday, but didn't feature alongside the Argentine on his Camp Nou bow

Caption

COMMENT: The Uruguay forward is set to make his debut alongside the Argentine on Monday night and the two could hold the key to the club's success under Luis Enrique

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Caption

The England international believes the Reds are a far stronger outfit this season despite the departure of last season's top scorer to Barcelona

Caption

It was thought that the Argentine might be asked to play deeper to allow the Uruguayan to lead the line, but the coach is unwilling to place any restrictions upon his No.10

Caption

Following a string of big-money moves this summer, Goal takes a look at how a team with the most priciest players in each position would look

Friday, August 15, 2014

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Caption

The lawyer for the country's governing body admits they hoped to see the striker's suspension reduced, while Fifpro have voiced their support for the player

Caption

The player is free to begin working with his new team-mates after CAS reduced the total coverage of his ban from football - though he still cannot play until late October

Caption

The Uruguayan striker's four-month playing ban remains in place, although he will now be allowed to return to training and will be able to make his debut at the end of October

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Caption

The controversial striker left Liverpool to join Barcelona earlier this summer and the division's chief executive Richard Scudamore is glad to see the back of him

Monday, August 11, 2014

Caption

The midfielder says his new team-mate is desperate to play again as he continues to serve a four-month suspension for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup