thumbnail Hello,

The Lazio president claimed that Borussia Monchengladbach fans were not actually stabbed in the build-up to the clash between the two sides on Thursday

Lazio president Claudio Lotito has claimed that Biancocelesti fans were not involved in the violence in the build-up to their side's Europa League clash with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Three Fohlen fans were wounded in Rome on Thursday, but the 55-year-old has played down the severity of the incidents.

"I would like to put these incidents in context,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

"I spoke to the police and was told two of them weren't actually stabbings, as the people barely noticed the contact.

"I would also urge the media not to label the protagonists of all these incidents as 'Lazio fans'. Rome is a metropolis and as such is inhabited by bad people.

"For example, there is no suggestion so far that those behind these incidents were part of Lazio’s organised fan groups.

"Nobody is trying to justify this behaviour, but I say this because I am in constant contact with the police and want to understand if these people really are linked with Lazio."

Quarter Finals
Alkmaar Zaanstreek AZ
v
SL Benfica Benfica
#B1with_AZ
#B1with_Benfica
Olympique Lyonnais Lyon
v
Juventus FC Juventus
#B1with_Lyon
#B1with_Juventus
FC Basel 1893 Basel
v
Valencia Club de Fútbol Valencia
#B1with_Basel
#B1with_Valencia
FC Porto Porto
v
Sevilla FC Sevilla
#B1with_Porto
#B1with_Sevilla

Related

From the web