Fifa has donated $250,000 to the families of those who died during the riots after last week’s Egyptian Premier League game between Al-Masry and Al-Ahly in Port Said.
74 people lost their lives when home fans spilled on to the pitch at the end of the game and began attacking visiting players, officials and supporters.
The violence stunned the footballing world and left a nation in mourning, and the game’s governing body has now decided to act by making a donation to the charity account opened by Al-Ahly last Sunday.
“I stated after the tragedy that this day was a black day for football,” Fifa president Sepp Blatter stated on his organisation's official website.
“I’m still very shocked by what happened. Many of the victims were so young. They were also a crucial support for their families, who now need help.
“The football community, including Fifa, must assist its Egyptian brothers and sisters.”
Egyptian prime minister Kamal al-Ganzouri dissolved the country's Football Association in response to the tragic events in Port Said.