Several fan groups have declared that they will accept the goalkeeper provided he abide by an etiquette code, which was revealed on WednesdayA faction of Bayern Munich ultras have reportedly issued a code of conduct for Manuel Neuer.
The fans have created a list of five rules by which they expect the new signing to abide during his stay in Munich, according to Sport Bild.
Bayern have repeatedly condemned protests against the Germany No. 1, but some fans still insist that the 25-year-old, who spent most of his life at Schalke, does not belong at the club.
Various fan groups issued a statement last week revealing their willingness to accept the player, provided he abide by their terms. Now their demands have been made public.
The rules are reportedly as follows:
1) Neuer must never simulate or initiate the team's megaphone chants.
2) Neuer must not kneel before the team and sing the 'Humba' song.
3) Neuer is prohibited from approaching the South Stand fence.
4) Neuer should not throw his shirt into the South Stand.
5) Neuer may not kiss the Bavarian crest
The code's release follows a reported meeting between Neuer, Bayern bosses and the representatives organising protests against the goalkeeper.
The Neuer has pledged to remain professional and brush off protests, but after making a major gaffe in Tuesday's 2-1 loss to Hamburg, it appears that he may struggle to keep his word.