Big-spending Chinese leaders Guangzhou Evergrande have reportedly made an incredible approach for Manchester United's Korean superstar Park Ji-Sung, and have offered to double his current packet.
The 30-year-old midfielder is out of contract at Old Trafford at the end of the 2011-12 season, thus creating plenty of speculation over his future, and according to Chinese media, Guangzhou will table Park a contract worth €8 million per season to tempt him to China.
A fortnight ago, Guangzhou signed Argentine midfielder Dario Conca in a deal which allegedly made him the world's third highest-paid player behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Now Guangzhou, who are owned by wealthy Chinese real estate group Evergrande, have set their sights on luring Park.
"Club owner Xu Jiayin said he will do whatever is necessary to bring Park to the team," Guangzhou boss Lee Jang-Soo told The Beijing Times.
"However a deal has so far failed to materialise, because Park was determined to stay put at his current club."
Park had told the Sunday Mirror at the weekend that he had no reason to leave Manchester United.
He said: "There's no truth at all that I would leave United - I want to stay here and I have no reason to leave. I would like to stay here for life, of course - why not? It's the best club in the world."
Guangzhou's massive financial backing has also already seen them sign Conca along with Brazilian striker Cleo from Partizan Belgrade as well as Korean international Cho Won-Hee, who formerly played for Wigan.
The club currently leads China's Super League by nine points and are unbeaten this campaign.