Park Chu-Young's agent has confirmed the Korea captain will search for a new club this European summer after Monaco were relegated from France's top flight last Sunday.
The 25-year-old striker, who joined Monaco in 2008 from K-League club FC Seoul, scored 12 goals during the 2010-11 Ligue 1 campaign but could not prevent his side from suffering relegation.
Monaco's 2-0 home defeat to Olympique Lyon, where Park played 76 minutes, confirmed the club's relegation.
Park's agent told The Chosun Ilbo the Taeguek Warriors skipper would now look for a move.
"There is no more reason to remain in Monaco. We will pursue a transfer," said Park's agent.
Park has two years remaining on his contract at Stade Louis II but previously indicated he wanted a new challenge.
"I would like to have new challenge in a stronger team capable of competing in bigger Europe-wide tournaments like the Champions League," said Park.
The Daegu-born attacker joined Monaco for €2 million in 2008, but the French outfit are understood to have valued Park at €6 million.
Park has previously attracted the attention of Premier League club Bolton who have fellow Korean Lee Chung-Yong on their books.