The 51-year-old is stunned that the Catalans have not tied the four-time Ballon d'Or winner down to a new deal yet, and says Neymar has been a victim of the board's mismanagement
The Argentina international signed a deal with the Blaugrana in February of last year that bound him to the Catalan club until 2018.
There has been talk of an extension in recent weeks but current Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu revealed last Sunday that the club are merely planning "a modification to his existing contract", namely improved terms.
Laporta, though, is staggered that the Blaugrana have yet to tie their four-time Ballon d'Or winner down to a deal that would keep him at Camp Nou for the rest of his career.
"It’s shocking the Messi situation still hasn’t been resolved," the ex-Barca supremo told Cuatro. "If it were down to me, Leo would be a cule forever.”
Laporta also argued that last summer's star signing, Neymar, should not take any blame for his difficult first season in Spain, given his transfer from Santos is the subject of an ongoing investigation that prompted Sandro Rosell's resignation as president.
"[Neymar] is the victim of bad management by the current board," he declared.
When pressed on the possibility of running for re-election, Laporta added: "At the end of the season I’ll voice my intention regarding Barca."