Mario Balotelli has bid farewell to his AC Milan team-mates ahead of his proposed move to Liverpool, the Serie A giants have revealed.
Rumours that Liverpool are keen to bring the controversial former Manchester City striker back to the Premier League gathered pace on Thursday, with reports suggesting a €20 million deal has been agreed with Milan.
Italy star Balotelli trained with Italian side on Thursday, with Sky Sports Italia quoting him as telling the club's official TV station that it would be his final session with the San Siro outfit.
And Milan appeared to confirm the 24-year-old is heading for the exit door by posting a short message on their website announcing he has said his goodbyes.
"Mario Balotelli left Milanello's sporting centre at 13:30 (local time) after saying goodbye to his team-mates," read the statement.
"Before leaving the premises, the striker has said goodbye to members of Milan's press office."
Ex-Inter man Balotelli returned to Serie A in January 2013, and has scored 26 goals in 43 league appearances for Milan.
However, speculation has grown that Milan were open to selling him mounted when they failed to qualify for the Champions League by finishing a disappointing eighth last season.
Liverpool, meanwhile, are on the look out for a new striker following the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona last month.
Should Balotelli complete a switch to Anfield this week, his Liverpool debut could come in their trip to his former club City on Monday.